Monday, January 26, 2009

The Next Big Thing....

Well, with the upcoming PGA Merchandise Show that will be held January 29-31 in Orlando, we will begin to see the new technology that all of the golf companies have created over the past few months.

Now, we have seen some of the clubs that will be released and I am currently wowed by one. Taylor Made changed driver technology a few years back with the r7 and I fell into that trap. It was a good trap though. I bought an r7 425 that I used for years and was the most reliable club I have ever owned. The ability to adjust weights on your club was a breakthrough to most people. These days changing the weighting around is old news. Now we have interchangeable shafts to tinker with. This was the next big thing until......

That is until Taylor Made created the r9. There has been speculation for years over the r9. Now with the March 20, 2009 release date set up we know what this club will offer. This club will not only offer changeable weights to move around, but it will allow you to change the angle of the face with FCT (Flight Control Technology). Now you can have the club open or closed depending on your swing that day.

As I said before I was swayed by the r7 and I see myself being swayed by the r9. Heck, I haven't even hit the thing yet and I still am contemplating pre-ordering one right now. The fact that it won it's first event in driver count and 1st place in the event is pretty big news as well.

I can't wait until the PGA Merchandise Show to see the new thing that we will see on the market, but I can't wait to see the r9 in person and see if it is what it is cracked up to be.

If you haven't heard or seen the r9 here is a link for you to check out:

http://www.mygolfspy.com/taylormade-r9-review/

Also, if you are interested you can pre-order the r9 at gppgolf.com (check below for link).

http://www.gppgolf.com/gppg/content/search.php?search=r9

Hit 'em straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment