Monday, January 12, 2009

The Annual Golf Show

So this past Saturday (January 10, 2009) was our annual trip to Louisville, KY for the Golf Show. Now, this is nothing like the PGA Merchandise show in which you can see the new and improved equipment and technology. This show has retailers from across the state and areas surrounding that need to unload last years stuff in order to make some space for the new gear coming in.

A group of my friends, which is my normal playing group, make a conscious effort each year to go. Last year's event was horrid. There were no deals to be found and I left highly disappointed. I was so distraught by that event that I questioned going this year. Well, I decided to give it one more chance.

Now, I have been know to change clubs a lot. Not nearly as much as others in my group, but I used to test clubs and that always sparked me to buy something new. Well, I must say that I finally have myself convinced that my bag is set. I was going into the show looking for shoes, shirts, golf balls, etc.. I will say at first that I didn't purchase an item at the show, but there was plenty of selection. I just couldn't bring myself to change any clubs in my bag. Now, the two friends that went with me each bought a new set of irons and they were able to work with the shops that were there for knock some money off.

I really didn't know what to expect with the current economical situation that we are in, but to my surprise the golf show seems to be getting back to way it once was. I think with the elimination of the Lexington show it has added more vendors to the Louisville show. I would like to see in the next few years switch rooms and get enough vendors to go into one of the larger rooms at the Expo Center.

I will say that I was pleased and look forward to it next year!

Stay tuned for another addition to my area reviews. I will be doing my review of the Glasgow Golf and Country Club tonight or tomorrow.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment