Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tis' the beginning of the season

So as I type this entry we are only 9 days from Spring. Now I know the weather in Kentucky wont be just right for a month or so, but we are starting to get the weather that we have longed for.

Even with the positive weather I haven't officially declared the beginning of the season, but I will say that it is drawing near. Luckily, the weather here this past weekend allowed me to play a few rounds of golf. I actually took off from work on Friday to play and I was glad that I did. I felt like playing both Friday and then again on Saturday morning allowed me to reset my mind and focus my thoughts on my golf game instead of work!

Currently, we are experiencing a decline in the temps today and the forecast is expected to be cooler over the next few days, but the 60's will be back next week and this will allow a few more rounds of golf.

I must say that this year offers more promise than ever for my golf game. I have started the year off with decent results. My driver, which was a nemesis last year, has really come around and I am growing more and more accurate with my irons. I feel that if I can stay on the path I am on then I might have one of my best years yet.

There is one slight problem though....I am coaching summer league baseball again! I did this last year and it required a lot of time, but I think after coming out of retirement to coach (I know I am only 28, but I had been out of coaching baseball for a few years) I will have an easier time balancing coaching and golf. Right now, I think the best thing to do is take it day by day and that is what I plan to do.

As for equipment changes this year, I don't foresee any. I had been tempted by the r9, but after hearing today of the r9 Max already in the works I have decided that there is no reason to change my driver when a new version of the r9 will be out soon and the prices will drop, plus I am hitting my Nickent 4DX great at the moment. The driver was the only club considered for change, but since that wont be happening I might look at replacing my old Nike CPR hybrid that I have.

Enough about my game, I hope everyone set their DVR's or plops in front of the TV this weekend to see how Tiger fares in the WGC-CA Championship. It will also be interesting to see if Sergio can overthrow Tiger at #1. There is a chance, but when it is all said and done on Sunday I think Tiger will remain in the top spot.

Hit 'em straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment