Saturday, September 5, 2009

Movie Review-'The Back Nine'

Ok....so you are probably reading this and thinking a movie review???? That's right, but not just any movie. This is a review of a golf movie. "The Back Nine" is a story about an every day guy who has a dream. His dream....to improve his game in a year.

Now we all have dreams, but do we have the want and drive to make our dreams come true? I am a firm believer that if you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything your heart desires. Jon Fitzgerald did exactly this.

'The Back Nine" basis is around the game of golf, but this movie has so much more meaning to it than just a guy playing golf and working to get better. This movie shows you exactly how difficult it is to balance the every day things life hands you like family responsibilities, work, etc and the hobbies of life can be.

I decided that I would watch the movie twice before reviewing the movie. I watched it the first time with aspect of my passion for golf and the second time I watched with my reviewer hat on. As I watched the movie I realized that I can see a little bit of Jon in myself. Jon has a passion for the game that I am sure many of you have, but the thing is Jon finds that inner drive to pursue a dream of his. I know there have been times in my golfing life that I thought "I am going to take this game serious and work to make myself better"....did I do it? Well, i might have played more, but did I take the proper steps to do it? Heck no! In the movie you see Jon take the proper steps. He enlists the help of a swing coach, fitness coach, life coach, etc. How many times have you gone this route? I would say very few of you have, but maybe "The Back Nine" will show you a better way to approach the game.

As I watched the movie I realized that Jon wasn't stepping ahead of his necessary steps. I honestly don't know how the guy was able to accomplish what he did with his obligations at work and the most important obligation of all family.

I don't want to give away the movie details and what transpires during the movie, because I feel that this movie can teach a person so much about life.....that's right I said life. Although the basis of this movie is one individual attempting to pursue a golfing dream there are more life lessons that can be learned by watching "The Back Nine". I know personally, that after watching the movie I set on my couch for a few minutes contemplating how I would have handled the struggles and ups and downs Jon faced. I really feel that a lot of times I let the game of golf rule my life. I do love the game....I eat, breath and sleep golf every day of the week, but I have realized that golf is a passion that must be enjoyed when permissible. There are so many things in life that people take for granted. I know that since watching Jon's trials throughout the movie it has given me a greater appreciation for my family, my job and the game of golf.

You can learn so much from Jon by watching the movie. You get to see a man take on the task of trying to become a professional golfer at the age of 40 all while balancing the duties of life. Some might think this is impossible.......Jon has a dream and I believe that as long as Jon follows his heart he can achieve anything. I can already tell him that if he didn't achieve his dream of being a professional golfer he can at least know that he has changed the life of one person out there in the world.....me.

If you would like more information about the movie please go to http://www.thebacknine.com, you can find trailers, clips and tons of information about the movie and Jon himself. I highly suggest watching this movie. It is on sale now and you can purchase the movie at http://www.neoflix.com/store/RIG00.

The movie is $19.95.....I know the economy sucks, but if you love golf you have got to watch this! We waste $20 every day for things we don't need.....this movie can teach you more about the game and life than you can ever imagine.

Hit 'em Straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment